1. The management and control of satellite tracking and identification systems.
2. Final approval for the authorization of national and international set sail requests.
3. The issuance of official alerts for search and rescue activities as well as the maritime
affairs of Defense and Security.
4. The direction and coordination of maritime search and rescue operations.
5. The management and control of computer, documentary and communications systems
for the authorization of Departures and Arrival Notices.
6. Issuance of authorizations and certificates related to vessel movements, international
departures, among others.
7. The management and control of computer and / or documentary access to the affairs of
the facilitation of international maritime traffic.
8. The management, control and issuance of alerts and official notifications to national and
international authorities on matters related to the control of dangerous substances
transported by sea.
9. The issuance of boarding authorizations to vessels under the National flag, following the
internal protocols and requirements established in Maritime Legislation.
10. Carry out technical research on specific matters of control, maritime regulation.
11. Other duties are assigned and instructed by the Director General of the DGMM.